If you’re looking for the best moving companies in Charleston, SC, there are several important questions you need to ask before you make your final decision. The professional movers at Smooth Move recommend asking the following five things of any movers you’re considering:
- What type of insurance do you carry? Movers should have liability insurance to cover damages to property they’re transporting. However, this policy may not cover the full replacement value. In that case, you may want to purchase additional insurance from the moving company.
- Are you licensed? All reputable moving companies in Charleston, SC should be licensed by both the state and federal departments of transportation.
- What does the estimate include? Make sure any quote you receive covers all relevant charges and fees. You don’t want to be surprised by a higher bill than you expected on the day of your move.
- How much experience do you have? You’ll want to know how long a company has been in business, but you should also ask about their employees. How long have they worked for the company? How much experience do they have in the industry?
- What’s your timeframe? Scheduling a move can be one of the most stressful parts of the experience. Find out upfront when the movers can come to your home to pack everything and when they expect to arrive at the destination. Some moving companies like Smooth Move offer storage services or mobile moving containers to help bridge any gaps.
When you hire Smooth Move, you won’t have any worries. We’re honest and upfront with all of the information mentioned above. It’s just one reason why we’re South Carolina’s preferred local mover. Get a free online quote now.