Just because someone calls themselves a mover doesn’t mean they’re a professional service. Did you know there are laws that must be followed in order to be a licensed local moving company? As a leading provider of local moving services for Rock Hill, SC and Charleston, SC, Smooth Move wants you to know that you can trust our company. Here’s a brief overview of the requirements we must follow as South Carolina movers:
- The State of South Carolina regulates all local moves (moves within the state)
- South Carolina movers are required to have a PSC/ORS number
- This number should be on both sides of the moving trucks
- The South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff requires that any local moving company issue a Bill of Lading
- In addition, movers must also be registered with the United States Department of Transportation
- The US DOT and Federal Highway Administration regulate interstate moves (moves from one state to another)
When you work with Smooth Move, you’ll have nothing to worry about. Our movers are fully licensed and insured for your protection. We’re also tops in customer service. Just take a look at the great reviews your friends and neighbors have left us. To learn more about our local moving company in Rock Hill, SC and Charleston, SC, as well as our storage services, give us a call—or get a free quote online.